22/08/2008

The Bleuman Shakes Up His Sound


I must say, I wasn't expecting to like Corbin's album as much as I did, you never got to hear him sing in the first HSM so his voice really surprised me. Even though his second album isn't out until next year I'm already excited...question is: Will he deliver? In this interview, he tells Billboard about the changes in his sound, and how it will differ from Another Side...



Currently on tour playing festivals and fairs in support of his 2007 debut, "Another Side," singer-actor Corbin Bleu tells Billboard.com he's begun recording his follow-up album."There will be a lot of differences with the second album," Bleu says.



"First of all, it's just more personal. I'm involved in every aspect of the writing. As far as the direction of the music, it's very different. I wanted this album to have something that was a little bit of rock, a little bit of R&B and a little bit of pop."The R&B has wonderful rhythms and beats," he continues. "I'm a dancer, and when I perform live I love to dance. So I have to make sure it has that nice kicking bass. The pop sound is to make it a little bit more now, and when it comes to the rock, it makes it very live feeling, very instrumental. I listen to a lot of music like classic rock, alternative, hip-hop, classical, jazz, whatever. So I'm very musical and like to be able to incorporate that into my music as well."


Bleu, 19, said producer Eric Hudson (Kanye West) is attached to the majority of the project, along with songwriter/lyricist Claude Kelly. So far all three have collaborated on material. Unreleased songs already getting stage time include the ballad "Close," the anthemic rock track "Whatever It Takes" and the R&B-leaning "Champion." The currently untitled album is due out in February via Hollywood.

Looking ahead to the Oct. 24 feature film release of "High School Musical 3: Senior Year," Bleu hints fans can expect big numbers.

"(Director) Kenny Ortega, when he has a bigger budget, he's going to go for it," Bleu says. "So we have really huge numbers and a lot of different dance genres including cha-cha-cha and breakdancing. We even have a Bob Fosse tribute. Zac (Efron) and I have a really cool duet called 'The Boys are Back.'"


...Do you think Corbin's Sophomore album will be as strong? I have faith in the Bleuman-he won't let us down....
Source:JustJared, Billboard

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved Corbin's album too, he's a great singer, with such a beautiful voice, it's so hard to pin-point, it's really original. I think he will deliver, from the four previews he has been playing at his shows they are ALL amazing. He won't disappoint. I'm sure of it.